divendres, 22 de novembre del 2013

CITIES


Since I arrived, I've been in three Finnish cities: Jyvaskyla, Helsinki and Turku. And I hope to be someday in Tampere, not just in the train station...

I'd like to talk about my touristic visits to these cities. Well, about Helsinki and Turku and the trip I did there.


So, regarding architecture, I saw that all cities have more or less the same style. Is maybe not the most beautiful, but probably is because of practical issues (because of weather?). It was a surprise for me not to see lots of balconies, but obviously, I thought immediately: If it's cold and there's no sun, why they want a balcony?

So at first, I was not surprised of the cities, but, the more I walk throught the streets discovering sites, the more I enjoyed the city. However, the most I like of Finland is nature. Let's see


- HELSINKI: I've been in Helsinki twice. The first time it was with my family, so very touristic tour around the city visiting the most conventional places. I was disappointed, I thought that, as a capital, it would be more impressive. The place I most liked was urban life: I came across with gospel group singing in the street, a recent married couple celebrating the marriage, and a lot of people walking around the port, where there was a market that I could feel like tourist looking, tasting and buying things.
It was fine, but, as I said, I thought it would be more awesome.
But this sensation arrived with the second time. It was an unexpected trip with some mates, and just for 24h.
We took the train from Jyväskylä at 2pm, so we arrived there that it was dark, FORTUNATELY! Fortunately, because I got really impressed with the city in the night. The lighting was awesome! We went to a high tower to see the views... Astonishing! It was a pity not to be able to see the sea, but anyway, the city was really beautiful that night. That day we could see hide places full of life and that were very original or special, such as a bar - damn! I don't remember its name - It seemed a music bar, but in the afternoon they offer their sofas, iMacs, and calid music and atmosphere that let you spend your time there very relaxed as  well as a delicious coffe!
Other had places we came across were a kind of chapel made by wood, without windows and the eco was huuuuge. We wait for being alone there to say "HELLO" so heavily. Yes, great experience. :P
Also we visited another church, but this was like underground, veeery big, I liked it!
Specials places we see make the unexpected trip be one of my favourite days I spend here. Try it!



- TURKU: During the holiday in October, I went to Turku for just three days. We were in a hostel that was very good (for girls, boys were affected by snorings of strange people). The first day we walk around the city center and the river. Actually, I thought the city was bigger, but was enough for two days!
Waking around the river was very nice, there still were few boats/restaurants, but almost all of them were about to close until summer. During the walk, we saw a lot of strange statues, we took photos of each we found.
We were very hungry when we arrived at the center, so our first option was Hesburguer. While we were eating this healthy food, we read a touristic guide, and we realised we were eating in the first Hesburger of Finland! It was an unexpected historical activity we did. We saw in this guide that there was a huge castle, maybe the biggest of Finland. So we decided to go there. After a long walk we arrive where the castle was supposed to be, but we didn't see anything. Finally we asked, and a women told us it was this building we have in front of us. "WHAAAAAT? Is this the enormous castle?" Ok.. there we go. But at the end, it was very nice! People dressed in medieval, and there was a nice bar to take a coffe. Great place.

Next day we went to NATURE! Awesome!!!! We went to one of the islands Turku has. We could enjoy nature walking on the mountain, doing picnic in a beach (sunny day!), and after this, SPA! Sauna and jump on the cold sea. It was a really great and amazing experience. The day was finished while we have dinner staring the sunset... :)




I recommend to visit Turku during the summer. There will be more activities to do and you can enjoy better the nature!


So these are the things I most enjoy travelling here.

COMMENT AND DON'T FORGET TO TRAVEL AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!


AA.




Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada