dimarts, 8 d’octubre del 2013

LAKES



Maybe Nature and Lakes are the most astonishing things that I've seen in Finland. Apart from cakes. Even if it's sunny cloudy, rainning and I think also if it's snowing, the scenery is beautiful, incredibly awesome that you want to stay for a long time gazing the scenery. Better if it's accompained with the nature sound: silence, birds, wind, squirrel noises... PEACE.

Each season has its own colors: During spring and summer: green of plants and trees and blue of sky and lakes' sky reflection; autumn (my favourite): yellow, red, brown; and winter erases all the colors to restart again in spring. Beautiful.

Try to imagine the situation of Finalnd in Barcelona: stressing, crowded, dirty... (I have to say that I love Barcelona, but Nature is not our speciality) It doesn't exist there. This is a kind of magical place for me. Somewhere that may you go to get relaxed and be able to forget the work and obligations you have in your daily routine. I have the impression that Finns feel they are in holiday when day finish their work. Because, I see that Finnish people are very proud of their nature, they take care of it and they respect it. Also they like to use it as a relaxing activity: jogging, walking, take the dog for a walk... They live in harmony with nature. It's their jewel.

I use to go to the nearest mountain I have in Barcelona with my dad and my dog. Is the only one we have near to the city, so everybody who wants to go for a walk in nature goes there. Then it's crowded and dirty, and I need to go far from my house to feel I'm around nature. I envy this  :)


However, people who are living in Helsinki may feel the same as me in Barcelona, because is different if it's a capital city. Should it be?


photo by Arnau Gil


This is how my father felt when he came to Finland. HAPPINESS, RELAX. 


Photo by Vincent Nguyen

Squirrels, everywhere. I love them!


So, do you feel around nature in your home country? Which nature thing do you most like, or what have surprised you about nature in Finland?




"Only nature does great deeds without expecting any reward."
Alexandr I. Herzen




AA.







Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada